The Securities Division of the Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan (FCAA) is seeking a highly motivated, well-organized individual with excellent office skills to be an administrative assistant. The FCAA is a treasury board crown corporation that among other things administers The Securities Act, 1988. Our mandate includes protecting investors by regulating the sale of securities.
Under the supervision of the Director, Securities Division, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the Director;
- Provide support to the receptionist on duties such as opening mail, answering telephones, and handling fees received;
- Provide support to the receptionist in carrying out administrative, human resource, and information technology duties;
- Track the Securities Division’s expenses, inclusive of paying bills, preparing monthly forecasts and ordering supplies;
- Enter data to maintain our records of exempt distribution in Saskatchewan; and
- Manage the Securities Division’s Operations Records System (ORS) including filing, purging files, maintaining Gemini records and keeping the file room in order.
To qualify, you will have past experience in an administrative support role. Proficiency with the MS Office suite of programs and past experience with data entry systems would be considered an asset.
Please demonstrate in your cover letter or résumé where you have acquired the following knowledge and abilities. Applicants will be screened on the basis of this information. You will have:
- Knowledge of office filing systems and procedures
- Ability to compile and monitor expenditures for budgeting and forecasting purposes
- Ability to prepare bank deposits and process invoices for payment
- Demonstrated ability to handle large volumes of work under time pressures
- Ability to accurately enter and retrieve information using word processing and database applications
- Superior keyboarding skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgement in a demanding environment
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and pay strict attention to details
- Superior ability to communicate with the public.
- Competitive compensation. The salary range for this position is $19.42 to $24.33 per hour;
- Comprehensive health benefits including life insurance, medical, dental, extended health plan, and long term disability;
- Employee pension plan;
- Access to on-site gym and pool facilities at a reduced rate;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Positive workplace, upbeat corporate culture;
- Career growth potential; and
- Excellent work-life balance.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
To join the FCAA team, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: April 12, 2019
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.