Corporate Finance Assistant
Level 06 PDP
The Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan (FCAA) protects consumers and the public interest and supports economic well-being through responsive marketplace regulation. FCAA enhances consumer protection through licensing, registration, disclosure, audit, complaint handling and enforcement activities pursuant to various provincial statutes.
The Securities Division of the FCAA is seeking a well-organized, detail-oriented and self-confident individual to join our team as Corporate Finance Assistant. Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, Corporate Finance, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing the filing of securities offering and continuous disclosure documents, and advising filing agents of filing deficiencies.
- Making decisions on prospectus and continuous disclosure filing requirements;
- Providing assistance to law firms and individuals relating to filings;
- Liaising with other jurisdictions, external entities, lawyers and Securities Division staff on corporate finance issues and ensuring all fees have been collected and processed; and
- Providing administrative support such as refunding overpayments of filing fees and preparing financial information for the branch.
Please demonstrate in your cover letter or résumé where you have acquired the following knowledge and abilities. Applicants will be screened on the basis of this information:
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Reliable with ability to work independently and make sound decisions;
- Demonstrated ability to apply complex regulatory policies, procedures and legislation;
- Experience in or knowledge of securities legislation;
- Ability to adapt to change and to take initiative;
- Excel in a high-paced environment working under pressure due to frequent interruptions, tight timelines, and a high volume of work; and,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), Adobe Acrobat and database systems.
- Competitive compensation. The salary range for this position is $22.65 to $28.38 per hour;
- Comprehensive health benefits including life insurance, medical, dental, extended health plan, and long term disability;
- Employee pension plan;
- Access to on-site gym and pool facilities at a reduced rate;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Positive workplace, upbeat corporate culture;
- Career growth potential; and
- Excellent work-life balance.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
To join the FCAA team, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: April 12, 2019
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.