Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan
FCAA is Saskatchewan’s financial and consumer marketplace regulator.
Apply for a licence
Apply for licence
If you are seeking a licence as a trust, loan, or financing corporation, you must:
- submit a completed online application form, indicating which licence you are seeking;
- provide all of the supporting materials described in the licensing kit;
- remit the $1000 application fee;
- remit the pro-rated first year licence fee (note: this fee will be refunded if your application is refused). The licence fee is based on the size of the applicant, and the number of months in the first calendar year it will be licensed.
Annual fees are based on asset size and licensing category:
- total assets less than $10 million: $166.67 per month ($2,000 for the year); or
- total assets greater than $10 million and applicant to be licensed as a:
- financing corporation: $708.33 per month ($8,500 for the year); or
- trust or loan corporation: $833.33 per month ($10,000 for the year)
Any overpayment of the first year licence fee will be refunded based on the number of months remaining in the year when the licence is issued.
Saskatchewan incorporated entities seeking a trust licence or a loan licence must contact the office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions to discuss additional requirements.
Superintendent of Financial Institutions
Consumer Credit Division
Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority
Suite 601, 1919 Saskatchewan Drive
Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 4H2
Phone: (306) 787-6700
Fax: (306) 787-9006